Fr. Bally Council voted to pledge $2,000, to be matched by the anonymous donor. This continues our commitment to Catholic Education, going back to the founding of St. Aloysius School in 1912, funding the former Commercial School at
St. Aloysius in 1920, being the first and largest donor to build St. Pius X High School in 1953, and sponsoring the pressbox
during the renovation of Coach Mich Stadium 10 years ago.
That last donation (from council home proceeds) allowed for proper grading and drainage upgrades. The future of the school was uncertain. The thought was to improve the field for current students, make it attractive to a potential new owner, and preserve what our parents and grandparents built. (The stadium was wholly built with local funds-the Archdiocese allowed it but funded nothing).
Congratulations to our immediate former Chaplain!