Knights of Columbus
Keep Christ in Christmas Poster Contest
All young people ages 5 through 14 are invited to participate in the 2018 Knights of Columbus Keep Christ in Christmas Poster Contest, sponsored by Yorktown Council 7469. By engaging the talents of our young people, we hope they will come to a deeper understanding of the true meaning of Christmas, and that their artwork will bring others to remember Christ in Christmas.
All contestants will be recognized for their participation, and cash prizes will be awarded to the winners in the 5-7 year, 8-10 year, and 11-14 year divisions. Winning entries at the local level will advance through district/regional and state competitions to the international level. The winning entries will serve as the basis for a series of international “Keep Christ in Christmas” posters, with creative credit going to the artists.
- Poster must reflect the theme of Keep Christ in Christmas.
- Each poster should be the original work (including concept, layout, slogan and any visual images) of a single person.
- Posters must be 11X17 inches in size. If pastels, chalk or charcoal are used the poster must be laminated or covered with clear plastic.
- Each poster must be submitted with a Knights of Columbus “Keep Christ in Christmas” Poster Contest entry form. The name and age of the person entering the poster should be included on the back of the poster.
- All entries become the property of the Knights of Columbus Supreme Council. Posters will not be returned.
- Entry forms are available in the holder at the base of the Knights of Columbus bulletin board located as you enter the Commons from the front entrance.
- Please turn in your entry in the Commons following Holy Mass on Dec 29/30.
The Knights of Columbus is an international Catholic family fraternal service organization with almost 2 million members in over 15,900 local councils. Last year, Knights and their families donated over 75 million volunteer hours and $185 million to charitable and benevolent causes, sponsoring projects to benefit their Church, councils, communities, Culture of Life, families and young people.
For additional information please contact Steve Strother, firstname.lastname@example.org, 757-660-8575.