News & Announcements
Knights Helping Knights
Brother Wayne Ratzburg had a final wish and his brothers of council 14745 came together to make it come true.
Activites of the Knights
KofC Council 14745 Projects: July 2017 –June 2018
• In participation with Men’s Ministry, continue to assist with lawn care and snow removal.
• In participation with Men’s Ministry, support the Parish with various building maintenance projects.
• Continue to actively support various Church Ministries: Eucharistic Ministers, Lectures, Ushers, etc.
• Continue to provide financial support to the KofC State Missouri Religious Vocations Fund.
• Provide financial support and meet our KofC State Religious Information Bureau quota.
• Provide financial and moral support to a Diocesan Seminarian via the Supreme Council’s Refund Support Vocations Program (RSVP).
• Provide the "A Guide to Confession" pamphlets to parishioners at our Communal Penance Services.
• In participation with Men’s Ministry, sponsor a Bible Study Group for all interested parishioners.
• Lead the Stations of the Cross during at least one of the Lenten Services.
• Provide Rosary Guide pamphlets and Rosaries to the parish for parish Rosary services.
• Sponsor/Lead the Rosary before all three Masses.
• KofC Communion Sunday, Knights and their families attend Mass together.
(Every 5th Sunday, rotating between all the Masses: Sat. 4pm, Sunday 9 & 11)
• Marion Conference provide annual support -
• Participate in the Blue Springs Fall Fun Fest Parade.
• Participate in the annual People with Intellectual Disabilities Drive.
• Assist at local BSHS Bingo, Special Olympics events when possible (Dice – Poker Run)
• Sponsor a Turkey Distribution Project for Thanksgiving via gift cards in the Parish Food Pantry.
• Organize a Christmas donation program for the Floods of Joy, Missionary Baptist Church. See Frank Hays
• Purchase a chair in support of the KofC State Wheel Chair program.
• Sponsor “$40 for Lent” – Proceeds to the Parish Food Pantry.
• Set aside a “Disaster Relief Fund” of $500 to be used as membership directs.
• Christmas Lights Recycle Program – to benefit the disabled.
• Feed the Homeless – Provide meals to the homeless three times a year at the Welcome Inn located in Blue Springs.
• Offer CPR classes to the parish.
• Agape House donation of $50 to offer financial support for families of prisoners a place to stay overnight during visiting them.
• Sponsor a Starlight Usher Volunteers Program for 8 shows June thru September of 2017
• Sponsor an annual Council Picnic. Tentative date:
• Host an annual Trivia Night. Scheduled for February, 2017.
• Co-sponsor with the Men’s Ministry the annual golf tournament.
• Continue to update info to all members utilizing the Uknight site.
• St Michaels Veteran - cook out during the summer
• Texas Hold-em event.
• Mouse Race event
• Indoor miniature golf outing
• Prepare the hamburgers & hotdogs for the annual parish picnic Saturday 9/24/16.
• Sponsor family outings, e.g. T-Bones Game, Mavericks, etc.
• Prepare breakfast for the annual “Breakfast with Santa” parish program.
• In participation with Men’s Ministry, assist with the annual parish dinners.
• In participation with Men’s and Women’s Ministries, assist with the annual parish Fish Fry.
• In participation with Men’s Ministry, assist with the 4th Sunday Parish Breakfasts and 4th Sunday Coffee & Donuts
• Sponsor the KofC annual “Roses for Life” campaign in our parish.
• Sponsor and distribute the “Carnations for Life” on Mother’s Day in our parish.
• Sponsor a “Rosary for Life” event for our Parish, Jan. 2017. (Roe V. Wade anniversary)
• Provide financial support to the KofC State “Meet Life” program which will maintain and train staff for sonogram machines for Pregnancy Centers in Missouri.
• Baby Bottle campaign fund-raiser for the “Meet Life” program.
• Provide volunteer assistance & financial support to the St. Robert Bellarmine Pro-Life Committee.
• Provide financial support to the Knights of Columbus "Culture of Life" Program and the Knight's Catholic Advertising Campaign.
• Provide Adult Leaders to local Boy Scout Troops and Blue Elk District.
• Provide financial support to the Boy Scouts for a scout scholarship to scout camp.
• Provide assistance to the parish’s PSR program and youth groups.
• Provide assistance to the local Optimist Club in raising funds for their various youth projects.
• Sponsor a $500 scholarship for a parish high school senior.
• Sponsor the KofC State Soccer Contests,
• Sponsor the KofC State Essay Contests,
• Sponsor the KofC State Poster Contests,
• Sponsor the KofC State Basketball Free Throw Contests,
St Robert Bellarmine Council reaches Membership Incentives from State
State Membership Incentives
A Message from Mike Grudzinski
Missouri State Membership Director
Worthy District Deputies, Grand Knights, and Financial Secretaries,
The Missouri State Council announces its newest incentive.
November Membership Incentives
The person who recruits the most new members in the month of November will win $185. (Minimum of 3 new members.) That may seem like a somewhat odd amount but that is what we received from Supreme for our August recruiting efforts, and we put all incentive money we get from Supreme right back into State incentives for you!
Yearlong Membership Contest
The person who recruits the most new members from July 1 - March 31 will be named as a delegate for Missouri for the Supreme Convention in August of 2017. It is a close race right now, but anyone could still end up as our winner.
Winners of our October "World Series Challenge"
We asked councils to "swing for fences" in October and if they brought in 4 new members, they would receive $100. Six councils stepped up to the plate and hit a "home run" so they will each receive $100.
- 1054 - Fr. Helias (Jefferson City)
- 1928 - St. Clement (Bowling Green)
- 7475 - Pope John Paul I (New Haven)
- 10154 - St. Patrick's (Wentzville)
- 12986 - Christ Prince of Peace (Manchester)
- 14745 - St. Robert Bellarmine (Blue Springs)
Winners of Part 2 of our Quick Start Challenge for Membership
Councils who achieve at least 75% of their net membership goal by October 31 receive $75. The following councils achieved this goal:
- 756 - Immaculate Conception (Brookfield) - 100%
- 1937 - Palmyra - 100%
- 6470 - Our Lady of the Lake (Branson) - 83.33%
- 7475 - Pope John Paul I (New Haven) - 100%
- 12676 - Msgr. Sprenke (Normandy) - 75%
- 13748 - St. Francis of Assisi (Nixa) - 83.33%
- 13750 - Conception Seminary College (Conception) - 100%
- 13901 - Fort Leonard Wood - 100%
- 14719 - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque (St. Louis) - 100%
- 14745 - St. Robert Bellarmine (Blue Springs) - 160%
Part 3 of our Quick Start Challenge for Membership
- Councils who achieve at least 100% of their net membership goal by December 31 receive $100. Your council still has close to 2 months to make this happen!
And please remember that when you recruit a new member you receive points from Supreme which can be redeemed for merchandise at the Knights Gear store. And while financial incentives are nice, we all need to be active recruiters anyway to help build and sustain our Order to continue our charitable works and support of our Church.
Missouri State Membership Director