Keep Christ in Christmas Poster Contest
“Keep Christ in Christmas”
Boy’s and Girls ages 5 through 14 can take part in this K of C’s International Competition
Holy Spirit Knights of Columbus Council 15196 is inviting boys and girls from ages 5 through 14 to participate in the
organization’s international “Keep Christ in Christmas” poster contest.
The Knights of Columbus was founded in 1882 by Father Michael McGivney, a parish priest in New Haven,
Connecticut. With charity as its central commitment, the organization has grown to nearly 2 million members
worldwide. Last year, the Knights donated more than $185 million and more than 75 million hours of service to
If you are a Catholic man, 18+ and would like to join Holy Spirit Knights Council 15196, or just get more
information about the Knights of Columbus, please contact Tim McNeive 901-834-4383.
“By engaging the creative talents and imaginations of our young people,
we hope they will come to a deeper understanding of the true, spiritual
meaning of Christmas,” said Council 15196 Grand Knight Tim McNeive.
The contest will be conducted locally with winning entries advancing to
the district and then to state, national and international levels. The
winning entries will serve as the basis for a series of new Christmas
posters that encourage a deeper understanding of the holiday.
All entries must be submitted by 12:00 Noon, Sunday, December 8, 2018
(Submit to the K of C Pancake Breakfast on December 8)
· Posters must reflect the theme “Keep Christ in Christmas”
· Each poster should be the original work (including concept, layout, slogan and any visual images) of a single
· All boys and girls ages 5 through 14 (as of November 1, 2018) are eligible to participate.
· The name and age of the entrant should be printed on the back of the poster.
· An official entry form must accompany each poster. Forms are available from the Holy Spirit Youth Director
Wendy Gabb or by contacting Tim McNeive at 901-834-4383 (email@example.com).
· All posters must be 11 in. x 17 in. If using pastels, chalk or charcoal, posters must be laminated or covered
with clear plastic.
· Entrants will be judged by age groups 5-7, 8-10, 11-14. First and Second place in each age group will be
awarded and First place entries will advance to the District competition.
The Knights of Columbus will present a Cash Award for 1st ($50.00) and 2nd Place ($25.00) in each age group.
All entries become property of the Knights of Columbus and will not be returned
The posters will be distributed in the countries where the Knights are
active as part of our “Keep Christ in Christmas” campaign. Creative credit
will also be given to the winning artists.”