Please see the following message from Grand Knight Tom McCaffrey (English)--9/26/2017
Brothers, the coming month is packed with council events. You joined the Knights to get involved, and now is the time to stand up and be counted. Don’t be timid. Don’t worry about all the other commitments you have. Just say yes when asked for help or, better yet, volunteer before being asked. That is what Knights do.
Coming events include:
- Crab feed auction and raffle items solicitation begins next week. We need personable, well-spoken brothers and their ladies to approach local businesses for donations of goods and services. I cannot stress how important this is to our fundraising efforts. The old team has been doing this for too long. We need new members to learn the ropes and carry the ball further down field. Contact Wes Arnold to volunteer. firstname.lastname@example.org 925-337-6155
- St. Michael Parish Festival on Sep 30 and Oct 1. We need men to help setup, including the handling of 100 hay bales. We need men to man our grill all day long for both days. And we need men to help with cleanup. In short, we need well over sixty men to help. Sign up now for your time slot. Contact Dennis Lundbom for details. email@example.com 775-772-6369.
- There are second and third degree ceremonies on Oct 1 at St. Isidore in Danville. Knights new and old should make every effort to participate. Seating is limited and we need to know by next Tuesday, Sep 26, if you want to attend. Contact Jim Shirley to reserve a seat for either or both ceremonies. He and I will be your escorts that day. firstname.lastname@example.org 925-518-1189
- Our annual Tootsie Roll Drive will be on Oct 7 and 8. Proceeds from this drive will benefit local special education classes. We will raise funds at both churches and at Walmart. Contact Jim Gagliardi to sign up for a time slot. email@example.com 925-784-0201
- We are doing a baby gift drive at St. Charles on Oct 8. Gift lists will be handed out at all masses on Oct 1. We will collect gifts on Oct 8 and prepare them for delivery to Birthright and the Livermore Pregnancy Resource Center. Please sign up to help on both days. Contact Nick Libby for more info and assignments. firstname.lastname@example.org 925-785-1500
- We are hosting a blood drive at SCB on Oct 14. We need volunteers to serve snacks and drinks. Contact Joe Burrescia for details and assignments. email@example.com 925-784-5638
- We are doing a membership drive at both parishes on Oct 14, 15. We need several knights to work the crowd at every single mass that weekend. This is an all hands event. If you are in town, you need to participate. There is no weaseling out of this one. Recruitment is our life blood. You can see the amount of labor needed to support the above listed events, and I didn’t list everything we are doing. We lose Knights all the time due to sickness, death, job relocations, etc. They must be replaced or we die as a council. We had three very lean years for recruiting and we have a huge deficit to make up. Our goal is a minimum of 75 net new members this year and we need to bring in over 30 in this coming drive. We will be calling you, emailing you, and twisting your arms to get involved that weekend. Please don’t shy away from it. It is quite fun when everyone participates. We’ve done it successfully before we will do it again.
Tom McCaffrey, CFA
Captain, USN (Ret)