Hail Holy Queen - Council 656 History
On April 2, 1902 the Hail Holy Queen was granted it's charter from the Knights of Columbus, thus becoming Council No. 656. Located in Kokomo, Indiana, our council has had many homes within the community. In 1954 however, the council purchased 5 acres of land near the Forest Park, an extension of Kokomo that was underconstruction. On this land, the council would build a shopping center. The shopping center would come to house many local and national businesses, as well as a second floor club room for the council. The shopping center was completed in 1957, and the council and its business tenants opened their doors for business. After decades of successful operation, the council had outgrown the second floor club room, and decided it was time for an upgrade. In 2007 the council sold its ownership of the shopping center, but retained it's leasing rights with the new owner until a new home for the council could be found. After two years of searching, Hail Holy Queen, Council No. 656 had found it's new home. In 2009 we purchased a facility located on Wildcat Creek Golf Course in Kokomo, Indiana.
Members of Hail Holy Queen Council, attend one of the two Catholic parishes, St. Joan of Arc, and St. Patrick parishes. Each have called Kokomo home for many years, and each are blessed with a strong religious community. Our council lives up to our name, Hail Holy Queen, by honoring the Blessed Mary by praying the rosary before each council meeting.