- Knight of the Month – Joe Zyra, Joe recently re-landscaped the traffic triangle (957 N. Battlefield Blvd). Joe has done this for many years and has supported the Council with this effort to better our community. Joe supports this program both financially and with volunteer manpower. This area has a City of Chesapeake sign, stating that it is maintained by Knights of Columbus Council 11984.
- Family of the Month – Baker family,Traci is the Blaze and Children’s liturgy director at the Parish and does amazing things for the youth of the parish. Jesse helps out whenever asked. For example, he helped set up and take down Vacation Bible School, and many youth events. Jesse has even stood in as God a parent during baptisms. Traci and Jesse along with their children Alicia and Tristian, who are both altar servers and involved with the youth groups, are great family role models for our Parish.
- Young Man of the Month – Logan Booth,Logan has become very involved with the youth ministry over the past few months. He attended the Diocesan Youth Conference and is continuing with his involvement in Catholic Heart Work Camp and support with recent youth events.
- Young Woman of the Month –Sarah Sullivan,Sarah has been actively involved with recruiting more youth to attend the weekly High School Bible Study, and she helped to prepare for this year’s Confirmation classes. She is a member of the Core Team, and her part on the team will be helping to lead the Middle School Sessions.
- Knight of the Month – George Hilbert, for being a chaperone and highly valuable worker at catholic heart work camp and vacation bible school (back to back weeks). George went above and beyond at catholic heart work camp to ensure all those in need were taken care of and help with construction of VBS and ran the outside games.
- Family of the Month – Cook family, Mary Cook and Family, mainly for her participation at vacation bible school. Mary took charge of feeding all the kids and volunteers every night, and logging in many volunteer hours revising the menu, shopping and preparing the food.
- Young Man of the Month – Sean Wheeler, Sean has been involved in preparing for the new year of religious education. He was the first to join the new catechist team for the Sunday middle school sessions and has consistently been proactive in requesting to become more engaged with the youth ministry since his Confirmation in May.
- Young Woman of the Month –Sarah Taylor, Sarah was involved with Vacation Bible School during the month of July. Since her Confirmation in May, she has reliably requested to become more active within the youth ministry in more leadership roles, including assisting with the upcoming Confirmation retreat.