The Knights of Columbus Council 4298 was formed on October 10, 1956 at St. Peter Prince of the Apostles in Alamo Heights. It later moved to St. Pius X and became a dual parish council, until just a few years ago (c. 2005) when St. Peter received a separate and independent Knights of Columbus charter.
The Council supports St. PJ's Children's Home, St. Pius X Catholic School, Allied Women's Center, Guadalupe Radio Network, Archdiocese Deaf Charities and the Wheelchair Mission. The council also provides volunteer support in an effort to build the Saint Pius X Community. This support includes PCCW, Saint Vincent De Paul, the St. Pius X Divine Mercy Mass, Saint Pius X Pro-Life efforts, Saint Pius X Youth group activities, and hosts Friendship Sundays for the parish every fifth Sunday of the month. Many Council 4298 members are also members of the 4th Degree Knight's Assembly 2102 (the visible arm of the Knights also known as the Patriotic Degree) attending rosaries, funerals, special Masses, and special events such as the Special Olympics flag detail, Holy Cross Cemetery Memorial Day Flag Ceremony, and Pro-Life Masses, rallies, and marches.
Pope John Paul II called the Knights of Columbus the strong right arm of the Church and Alamo Council 4298 Knights of Columbus strives to be the strong right arm of the Saint Pius X Community. Council 4298 remains an integral and active part of parish life at St. Pius X Catholic Church.